My mom was once Mrs. Popular, but now only has one really good friend (not to say she doesn't have a good group of people she associates with). The point is that quality is better than quantity. I have one friend, who I think I value so much, I'd take a bullet for him. His friendship is worth more than anything I could fathom. Perhaps, this is quality?
I also have had another friend (which I don't consider him much of one anymore) in college. He had a hard life from our conversations. However after a year of friendship, I learned that I cannot force him being my friend. I have tried to stay connected, but he continues to make me feel like I am a dumby. A friendship does have to be mutual and both have to put in effort. For if the other lack, only negative feelings seem to emerge. If a friendship is meant to die or pass on, then I let it die. Wouldn't you rather end on a good note than a bad one? Wouldn't you rather have goods memories than bad ones in your relation to your friendships?
No comments:
Post a Comment